Travel shield super visa insurance is crucial when embarking on a journey to Canada, offering a layer of protection and peace of mind that can prove invaluable in various situations. Here are several compelling reasons why travel insurance is needed when travelling to Canada:
- Healthcare Coverage: Canada is known for its high-quality healthcare system, but medical expenses can be exorbitant for non-residents. Travel insurance ensures that you are financially safeguarded in case of unexpected illness or injury, covering medical treatments, hospital stays, prescriptions, and emergency medical evacuation if necessary.
- Unforeseen Medical Emergencies: Travel insurance provides a safety net in case of sudden medical emergencies. Accidents and illnesses can happen anywhere, and having insurance ensures you receive timely medical attention without worrying about the associated costs.
- Pre-existing Conditions: Travel insurance is vital if you have pre-existing medical conditions. It can cover medical expenses related to these conditions, ensuring you have access to necessary treatments and medications during your trip.
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption: Life is unpredictable, and travel plans can change for various reasons, such as family emergencies, natural disasters, or unexpected events. Travel insurance safeguards your investment by reimbursing non-refundable expenditures if you need to cancel or cut your trip short.
- Lost Baggage and Personal Belongings: Airlines misplacing luggage or theft can disrupt the travel experience. Travel insurance offers enough coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged baggage and personal belongings, ensuring you are only stranded with essentials.
- Travel Delays: Flight delays and cancellations can lead to unexpected expenses like accommodation and meals. Travel insurance can help cover these costs, minimizing the financial burden of extended delays.
- Emergency Evacuation: Emergency medical evacuation might be necessary in remote or challenging locations. Travel insurance can provide coverage for evacuation to the nearest appropriate medical facility or even repatriation back home.
- Legal Assistance: If you encounter legal issues during your trip, travel insurance can offer legal assistance and cover legal expenses if you need legal representation.
- Peace of Mind: Traveling to a foreign country can be exciting but also has uncertainties. Having super visa insurance – travel shield grants you peace of mind, allowing you to enjoy your trip without worrying about potential mishaps.
- Compliance with Visa Requirements: Canada’s Super Visa program, for instance, requires proof of comprehensive medical insurance. Super visa insurance – travel shield ensures you meet these visa requirements and enables you to enter the country smoothly.
- Financial Protection: Travel insurance safeguards your investment in the trip, ensuring that unexpected expenses do not drain your savings or put you in debt.
In summary, Super visa insurance – travel shield is an essential companion for anyone visiting Canada. It provides a safety net against unforeseen circumstances, offering financial protection and allowing you to focus on enjoying your voyage to the fullest.
What are the advantages of Travel Shield Super Visa Insurance?
The Travel Shield Super Visa Insurance offers comprehensive benefits and coverage for individuals travelling to Canada. This insurance plan provides insured persons financial protection and peace of mind during unforeseen medical emergencies. Here are the key benefits;
- Hospital Accommodation Coverage: The insurance covers charges just up to the semi-private room rate charged by the hospital. This includes expenses for treatment in intensive care or coronary care units if deemed medically necessary. Additionally, a hospital’s emergency-room fees and outpatient services are covered when medically necessary.
- Medical Services Reimbursement: The insurance policy reimburses reasonable and customary costs for medical treatment administered by legally licensed physicians, surgeons, anesthetists, or registered graduate nurses (excluding immediate family members of the insured person). It ensures that essential medical care is covered during emergencies.
- Diagnostic Services: The insurance covers laboratory tests and x-rays, which the attending physician orders as part of emergency medical treatment. While most diagnostic services are covered, procedures like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized axial tomography (CAT) scans, cardiac catheterization, sonograms, ultrasounds, and biopsies require prior approval from the Assistance Company.
- Prescription Medications: The insurance plan includes coverage for prescribed drugs, including injectable drugs and sera, which can only be acquired with a proper medical prescription. These medications are supplied by a licensed pharmacist and are covered for emergency medical treatment. However, medications needed to stabilize a chronic or pre-existing medical condition are not covered. The benefit is limited to a 30-day supply and a prescription of up to $1,000 unless the insured person is hospitalized.
- Private Duty Nurse Services: In a covered emergency, the insurance offers coverage for the professional services of a private registered duty nurse (excluding immediate family members). This coverage is available when prescribed by an attending physician and approved in advance by the Assistance Company. It can be utilized while the insured person is hospitalized or in place of hospitalization, providing additional care and support.
It’s important to note that all coverage is subject to policy limitations, exclusions, and provisions. Certain expenses, such as specific diagnostic and private duty nurse services, require prior approval from the Assistance Company. Travel Shield Super Visa Insurance ensures that individuals travelling to Canada can access quality medical care and assistance during unexpected medical situations, enhancing their travel experience with added security and protection.